[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to install open indiana on a single partition

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:25:30 UTC 2021

Hey Mario

If you are still using UFS on FreeBSD that is like ext2 on Linux, so if
you want to install into another partition, you have to have a partition
table that is readable by the illumos kernel. Then you can create a ZFS
pool on that partition and install into that.

If you are not used to ZFS yet with illumos you will have to. FreeBSD
would like you to use it aswell. (IIRC it's the default for FreeBSD) So
it's a good time to read up on it.

-Till