[OpenIndiana-discuss] wiki.openindiana.org needs to be re/started and fixed

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 13:32:22 UTC 2021

On 10/1/21 13:42, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> Am 10/1/21 um 1:27 PM schrieb Nikola M.:
>> Wiki.openindina.org is down and needs to be restarted or checks for
>> functionality what actually induces and causes it not to be available
>> occasionally.
>>
> The wiki has been shut down for security reasons. Most of its contents
> has already been merged into the docs. Some pages have been exported and
> are available for the documentation team.

Andreas,
Can you please make available raw Wiki contents for putting it up, with
user accounts, logs and everything? For possibly restarting current
Conflunce Wiki instance as available before?

There is many content that surely have not been moved anywhere
and also Wiki is , as in principle, the place where non-manual user
content can be published by the community
- it is needed to have a free place instead of tightly controlled one
for the Community to share knowledge, and as we have seen it have served
the community just fine for many years.

Text and documents on Wiki are provided by the community in a good
faith, on the Copyleft documentation license and taking it all offline
is for no quite good reason, because Wiki can be put up securely and
content saved and managed in a current manner and secure,
and manpower for that is not lacking.

Community text and documents as well as an publishing place without
anyone's approval, but free to edit and enhance. Community documents and
Wikis are not the source code and does not need the approval to exist.