[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB flash drives

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Oct 21 17:45:44 UTC 2021

> Is there a way to fix the USB drive auto mounting issue?

As a workaround you can perhaps try:

   svcs hal rmvolmgr
   svcadm restart hal
   svcadm restart rmvolmgr
   svcs hal rmvolmgr

Both services must be online:

$ svcs hal rmvolmgr
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         19:28:17 svc:/system/hal:default
online         19:28:22 svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr:default

The underlying problem seems to be that HAL is somehow not always picking up hardware changes.

For example when I plugin a HAMA audio USB device, it is not reported by "lshal"

But after a restart of "hal", the "lshal" hama.before and hama.after files shows it is :

$ diff hama.before hama.after
2c2
< Dumping 78 device(s) from the Global Device List:
---
> Dumping 82 device(s) from the Global Device List:
663a664,783
> udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_0_0/pci1028_98d_14/device_a/input_3_if3_8'
>   usb.product = 'C-Media USB Audio Device   '  (string)

Regards,
David Stes