[OpenIndiana-discuss] GUI performance (updated)

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 14:43:13 UTC 2021

Hi

Over the weekend I tried overclocking the RAM on my computer which
resulted in a 10 second reduction in login time.
I tried overclocking the CPU from the stock 3.7GHz to 4.65GHz but the
system kept locking up.
I have a LSI MegaRAID SAS 2008 Raid Controller PCI-e card configured so
it handles drives as just a bunch of disks.
I have eight Seagate IronWolf 7200RPM 8TB drives in a single ZFS RaidZ2
configuration not sure how to speed this up.

Regards

Russell