[OpenIndiana-discuss] resolved - sort of, now a reproduce-able bug was Re: A KVM switch broke my server?! Lightdm is panic'ing the kernel

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Sep 7 18:23:58 UTC 2021

----- Op 6 sep 2021 om 22:55 schreef carl carl at bl.echidna.id.au:

> The GUI DDU doesn't work, it doesn't submit the list, and I'm not sure
> what format to send what it should send, to Aurelian.
>
> If you know what commands I need to run from the shell to generate the
> right output, I would love to do it.

I don't know how to save in DDU to a text file.

I suppose historically prtdiag and prtconf were used for that. Those tools work fine for me on the Intel i3 system.

There exists a ddu-text utility but it does not seem to provide the functionality to save to a simple text file.

What I did was send to the list (or to Aurélien) a screenshot of the DDU GUI version.

Here it is in attach: (see .png in attach).

I'd be interested to know whether you also have some unsupported (pink or red) devices
such as the Comet Lake PCH SPI Controller.

On the positive side, I had no issues on OpenIndiana with my I210 and I219 ethernet controllers.

Also in my case the DDU does not display the i3 intel cpu which is just because of the underlying tool for DDU has issues with the Dell BIOS;  prtdiag is working fine on the other hand.