[OpenIndiana-discuss] usb key installer

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Fri Apr 8 10:16:38 UTC 2022

connect stick to illumos host
echo | format -e, see which device is your stick

mdb /dev/rdsk/devicenamep0  — note the p0 at the ned of the name
::load disk_label
::mbr

what does ::mbr output?

fstyp /dev/rdsk/disknames1 — note s1 at the end of the name, it should be your illumos slice (with ufs)
installboot -i /dev/rdsk/disknames1 — note s1 at the end of the name, it should be your illumos slice (with ufs)

rgds,
toomas