[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Hipster becomes unreachable over network after a certain length of uptime

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Tue Apr 12 19:47:49 UTC 2022

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:21, Udo Grabowski (IMK) <udo.grabowski at kit.edu> wrote:
> In principle, the easiest fix is to revert to
> <instance name='default' enabled='false' >
> in the respective services in /lib/svc/manifest/network/routing/ .
> But I've not seen a 202* OI version, I'm still on 2017...

I don't believe that is quite right.  There is specific machinery in
the OS to enable ipv4-routing under some conditions when a specific
policy has not been specified by routeadm that will need to be
unwound; e.g., see "cmd/svc/milestone/net-routing-setup" where it
mentions "routeadm/ipv4-routing-set".

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow