[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Miscellaneous component fixes and migrations

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Sat Aug 6 19:50:15 UTC 2022

On Sat, Aug 06, 2022 at 08:06:55PM +0200, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:
> I'm no Perl expert and I'm not sure whether I had to do this but I manually set the perl mediator to perl 5.34.
> So the "pkg mediator" for perl reports a "local" VER.SRC for version 5.34.

This is basic rule of thumb:

Your "pkg mediator" output should never show "local" unless you have
good reason to use non-default mediator setup.  If you are unsure, or do
not know, then you should revert back to system/vendor defaults (using
"pkg unset-mediator ...").  This is true always and for all mediators.
Especially on machines that are used for oi-userland development and/or
building.

In this particular case I recommend to run "pkg unset-mediator -v perl".
Your current perl setup (mediator manually set to perl 5.34) could cause
some unexpected results in future when we change the default perl to
5.36, but your system will stay with perl 5.34 even after update.

> I think that the last good changeset was 522d32b5 and the first bad changeset for me was de49ed8c.

Thanks for this.  I'll look at it and propose a fix.  I apparently
missed something there.  Sorry for that.

Regards.