[OpenIndiana-discuss] warning message

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic.1961 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:00:08 UTC 2022

On 06.12.2022 16:53, russell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the last number of weeks I have been getting the following
> messages on startup about the spare drives for rpool1.
>
>  NOTICE: vdev_disk_open /dev/dsk/c4t1d0s1: update devid from
> 'id1,sd at SATA_____CT500MX500SSD1__________1914AAAAAAAA/b' to
> 'id1,sd at n500a0751aaaaaaaa/b'
>  NOTICE: vdev_disk_open /dev/dsk/c4t3d0s1: update devid from
> 'id1,sd at SATA_____CT500MX500SSD1__________2141BBBBBBBB/b' to
> 'id1,sd at n500a0751bbbbbbbb/b'
>
> How do I get the zfs to update the information on the spare drives for
> the rpool1 to the notice stops?
>
> TIA
>

> Russell
Hi Russel,

I had a similar case on home OI, but not sure what could cause it. I did
few changes before (3-4 days ago):
* Tried to set kbd with  *eeprom* command
* Did OI Upgrade
* Performed poweroff to add one more HD

After all that, during boot I saw this for *rpool*. Also, noticed BIOS
(UEFI BIOS) change - was reset somehow and I had to change it again
(battery issue?).

After failed boot, I was offered to try /lib/svc/bin/restore_repository
command, which at the end I did (and pick up [boot] recovery).

Suddenly  reboot went fine.
HTH
Regards.