[OpenIndiana-discuss] arn driver for Atheros AR9287 wireless network adapter (PCI-express)

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Tue Feb 15 15:02:14 UTC 2022

On 2/15/22 15:52, Marc Lobelle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I update openindiana on an old fujitsu lifebook P notebook, and
> instead of not recognising the internal wifi card it says now:
> "misconfigured: [arn]"
>
> man arn only talks about AR9280, 81, 85.
>
> Does anyone know what could be misconfigured ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc
>
> This notebook works so far with an usb wifi interface Edimax, with the
> urtwn driver, but, if possible, I would prefer using the internal
> pci-express wifi card.

Hello Marc!

What does  mdb -ke '::prtusb'  say and is this vendor/product
combination in your /etc/driver_aliases  ?

I have

$ grep arn /etc/driver_aliases
arn "pciex168c,2a"
arn "pciex168c,2b"

I don't know if there has been an update to the driver "arn" that could
cause this. Maybe you want to search from here:

https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commits/fd7c59804fad02c3863ef57c544fa7af0fd35068/usr/src/uts/common/io/arn

Greetings,

Stephan