[OpenIndiana-discuss] Build essential

hput hputn3 at zohomail.com
Sat Jan 1 01:22:05 UTC 2022

Just installed oi/hipster in a vbox vm .. I used GUI installer but
selected the text installer when presented with a choice.

Apparently that must mean I want a console/text machine because it
appears unable to go into x and thumbing thru installed pkgs I do not
see many of the necessary tools to run an X machine.

How ever I have read threads about a `build essential' pkg available
for oi/hipster I can't seem to find anything pkg search that has a
name like that.

Is there such a package for hipster?  If so, what is it called?.
Google returns the hipster handbook over and over but I never see
mention in it about a `build-essential' pkg.

Has someone worked up a list of the necessary tools to build some gnu
software?