[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any reasons tree /export/home/USERS shouldn't be moved to a different pool

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 03:47:18 UTC 2022

 Absolutely none. I have all of /export in epool.

The default configuration produced by the installer is intended to keep new users out of trouble.

It's a tad aggressive about that and can cause an experienced user some annoyance.

I allocate space for the root pool based on the expectation of a number of updates. I put the non-system files in epool so they are safe from issues with the root pool.

Have Fun!
Reg