[OpenIndiana-discuss] need driver for wireless card or siupported wireledd card

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Sun Jan 16 21:24:38 UTC 2022

On 1/16/22 17:52, Marc Lobelle wrote:
> I did the same on an old Fujitsu. It worked fine for a long time, but
> not always anymore. If there is no software solution ,I think I'll
> replace the wifi card inside.
>
> Thanks for you answer and best regards
>
> Marc
>

> On 16/01/2022 17:37, Carsten Grzemba via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>> I use the Edimax USB Wifi dongle with the urtwn driver.
>> Unfortunateley in the meantime this driver has some short comings
>> with the current usb hci drivers. But mainly it works.
>>
>> Am 15.01.22 17:30 schrieb Marc Lobelle <marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be>:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm configuring an H elitebook 820G3 for use with openindiana.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, the wireless card, an Intel wireless 8260 does not seem
>>> to be supported. Do you know if a driver is available ? Or is there
>>> another PCIe wifi card that could replace it ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Marc Lobelle
>>> professeur émérite
>>>
>>> ICTEAM
>>> UCLouvain / SST / ICTEAM / INGI
>>>
>>> Place Ste Barbe, 2, bte L5.02.01 - 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
>>> marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
>>> <mailto:prenom.nom at uclouvain.be(javascript:main.compose( )>
>>> Tél.+32 (0) 475 494 616
>>> Fax +32 (0) 10 47 51 20
>>> www.uclouvain.be <https://uclouvain.be>

Hello!

i use an USB Stick with RTL8187B chipset and it works well on a USB2
port, the urtw driver was assigned (urtw4 interface name "LINK" with
dladm show-link )

i tried the same stick on an  USB3 port just now but didn't succeed, the
stick was not activated (though the available WiFi Network was listed in
the Mate network menu..) :-/

Greetings,

Stephan