[OpenIndiana-discuss] libwww-perl-524 dependency problem

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:05:50 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 9:53 AM Carsten Grzemba via openindiana-discuss <
openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> If libwww-perl-524 is installed it is not possible to update xscreensaver
> and others because the dependency for
>
> library/perl-5/encode-locale-524 cannot longer resolved.
> This package is obsoleted now.

> Can anyone fix this?

There is seemingly no problem with the package dependencies, xscreensaver
does not depend on perl-524 anymore.
Could you try installing/updating specific package versions?

I have noticed that pkg is sometimes not able to cope well with updates
involving deprecation.
It attempts to resolve the dependency to the deprecated packages and update
this latter although it should be dropped.

Explicitly providing the versions you want to install on the command line
usually circumvents the issue.

> Thanks
> --
>
> <signatureafterquotedtext>Carsten</signatureafterquotedtext>

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings