[OpenIndiana-discuss] DKIM violationRe: libwww-perl-524 dependency problem

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Wed Jul 27 09:25:43 UTC 2022

Am 27.07.22 11:06 schrieb Aurélien Larcher  <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 9:53 AM Carsten Grzemba via openindiana-discuss <
> openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>
> > If libwww-perl-524 is installed it is not possible to update xscreensaver
> > and others because the dependency for
> >
> > library/perl-5/encode-locale-524 cannot longer resolved.
> > This package is obsoleted now.
>

> > Can anyone fix this?
> >

> There is seemingly no problem with the package dependencies, xscreensaver
> does not depend on perl-524 anymore.
> Could you try installing/updating specific package versions?
>
> I have noticed that pkg is sometimes not able to cope well with updates
> involving deprecation.
> It attempts to resolve the dependency to the deprecated packages and update
> this latter although it should be dropped.
>
> Explicitly providing the versions you want to install on the command line
> usually circumvents the issue.

This seems to be wrong for me:

 grzemba at oi-hipster:~$ pkg contents -o fmri -t depend libwww-perl-524 at latest
FMRI
library/perl-5/encode-locale-524
library/perl-5/file-listing-524
library/perl-5/html-parser-524
library/perl-5/http-cookies-524
library/perl-5/http-daemon-524
library/perl-5/http-date-524
library/perl-5/http-message-524
library/perl-5/http-negotiate-524
library/perl-5/lwp-mediatypes-524
library/perl-5/net-http-524
library/perl-5/uri-524
library/perl-5/www-robotrules-524
pkg:/runtime/perl-524 at 5.24.3-2020.0.1.3

and

pkg list -af library/perl-5/encode-locale-524 at latest
NAME (PUBLISHER) VERSION IFO
library/perl-5/encode-locale-524 (openindiana.org) 1.5-2022.0.0.2 --o