[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] Miscellaneous component fixes and migrations

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Jul 31 16:36:49 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm maintaining a package 'Squeak' (Smalltalk-80 http://squeak.org) which is using 'subversion' (SVN).

I think Squeak is one of the very few packages in oi-userland (still) using subversion because the old Smalltalk team had their sources in subversion and these still get occasional updates from time to time.

Squeak builds in 32bit and 64bit.

I have

  BUILD_BITS=32_and_64

In practice Squeak is mostly 32bit because many Smalltalk-80 images on the squeak website are 32bit
(and I guess Smalltalk-80 dates from the 16bit time).

The OpenIndiana 32bit build is important to me - perhaps more for Squeak than for other packages which have moved to 64bit;  Squeak also supports 64bit by the way (which is why the build is for both 32 and 64 bit).

Unfortunately today when I ran 'gmake build' or 'gmake install' in the components/runtime/smalltalk/squeak directory,
I get an error :

   No rule to make target ... squeak/build/i86/.configured needed by ... build/i86/.built

I have tried to check some commits and when I go back in time and checkout older versions, I am able to build again.

If I go back to 'git checkout a847fb267' it works again.

However I don't know enough of OpenIndiana's build framework to really be able to say whether this is related to the component fixes and migrations.

In any case I'd appreciate support for 32bit builds ...

Regards,
David Stes