[OpenIndiana-discuss] problem replacing a disk by a bigger one

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Sun Jun 26 21:46:25 UTC 2022

Hello

In tried to replace the ssd of my notebook running openindiana (120G) by
a bigger one (1T).

I first copied the small ssd on the big one: I connected the big disk on
a usb adapter, ran format to identify the two devices then

dd if=/dev/rdsk/c6t0d0p0 of=/dev/rdsk/c4t0d0p0 bs=2048K

then I replaced the small internal disk by the big one.

However, when booting, I got the following message

    ZFS:i/o error - all block copies unavailable

    ZFS: Can't read MOS of pool rpool

    Can't find /boot/loader

    Can't find /boot/zfsloader

    illumos/x86 boot

    Default: /boot/loader

    boot:

if I type <enter>, I get

    Can't find /boot/loader

    illumos/x86 boot

    Default: /boot/loader

    boot:

How can I fix this ? (without reinstalling everything if possible;-)
(after that I plan of course to grow the fs to the whole disk)

Marc