[OpenIndiana-discuss] problem replacing a disk by a bigger one

Judah Richardson judahrichardson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 21:52:13 UTC 2022

IIRC dd doesn't work reliably for ZFS.

I tried (& failed, possibly due to a bad source disk) to do this
previously, but I think you have to ZFS send all the datasets in the source
disk to the destination & then possibly do some beadm stuff on the target
disk.

Or do a default installation on the new disk, then ZFS send the
non-bootloader datasets from the old disk to the new.