[OpenIndiana-discuss] Still stuck at installing build-essential

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Thu Jun 30 14:45:22 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 10:33:03AM -0400, hput via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> I'm seeing some odd output when trying to install build-essential.
>
> Its a brand-new install where a full update has been performed and it
> has been rebooted.  In the past I've been able to install
> build-essential at this stage.
> But not this time.  It seems there are conflicts within the pkg list
> of `build-essential'.
>
> I don't understand the output much.  But it closes with telling I
> might get away with installing  "non-conflicting subset".  This with
> no way for USER to begin to put together a subset since the set is
> never mentioned.
>
> I've included the (to me) most confusing bit, [quoted just below],
> but have attached a full log of events taking place after I type:
>
>  pkg install build-essential 2>&1| tee install-build-essential.log
>
> [...]
>
> ,----
> | pkg install: The requested change to the system attempts to install multiple actions
> | for link 'usr/share/man/man1/python3.1' with conflicting attributes:
> |
> |     1 package delivers 'link mediator=python mediator-version=3.5 path=usr/share/man/man1/python3.1 target=python3.5.1':
> |         pkg://openindiana.org/runtime/python-35@3.5.10,5.11-2020.0.1.0:20201014T142618Z
> |     1 package delivers 'link mediator=python mediator-version=3.7 path=usr/share/man/man1/python3.1 target=python3.7.1':
> |         pkg://openindiana.org/runtime/python-37@3.7.13,5.11-2022.0.0.0:20220317T204725Z
> |     1 package delivers 'link mediator=python3 mediator-priority=vendor mediator-version=3.9 path=usr/share/man/man1/python3.1 target=python3.9.1':
> |         pkg://openindiana.org/runtime/python-39@3.9.13,5.11-2022.0.0.1:20220626T102514Z
> |
> | These packages cannot be installed together. Any non-conflicting subset
> | of the above packages can be installed.
> `----
> (Sorry about line length but I thought it might not be wise to edit)

I think this is another problem caused by illumos-gate build failure
last night.  AFAIK the fix for broken python mediator is already merged,
but it is not possible to install it now.  Please wait few more hours
until the packaging inconsistency is resolved (primarily by successful
build of illumos-gate).

Thanks.