[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: mounting a usb disk + what's wrong now with lightdm

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Mon Sep 12 09:50:08 UTC 2022

Dear Stephan,

Thanks for your help.

Even with the two commands the automatic mounting does not work.
However, I could mount the key manually when I remembered that DOS puts
the FAT32 in the first partition, not on the entire disk. Thus "mount
/dev/dsk/c5t0d0p1 /mnt" worked. I had tried erroneously  "mount
/dev/dsk/c5t0d0p0 /mnt".

Thus I could read the key. However, as said earlier automatic usb
mounting does not work. Thus I tried

# pkg refresh --full

# pkg update -v

*When rebooting the new environment, lightdm was put in maintenance
mode, apparently some files are missing. Could the person who put the
new lightdm package check and complete  it and tell us when we may
reinstall it - Thanks to him or her.*

Thanks again and best regards

Marc

Le 11-09-22 à 12:59, Stephan Althaus a écrit :
> On 9/11/22 12:34, Marc Lobelle wrote:
>> oups, this is more appropriate for openindiana than for developer
>>
>> Sorry for disturbing the developer list
>>
>> Marc

Yes but I cannot update this system from 202110, because it has no
network because the driver is on the usb key...

> Maybe your USB stick is formatted differently now? FAT32 or EXFAT or
> NTFS or whatever?
It is a FAT32, but, I tried also an old stick (also FAT32) that did work
on openindiana in the past. I even tried a zfs SATA ssd trough a sata to
usb2 adaptor. The OS supports all of these (according to
/var/adm/messages and rmformat), but even with the two above commands, I
cannot mount anything so far via usb

> Regards,
>
> Stephan

Cet e-mail a été vérifié par le logiciel antivirus d'Avast.