[OpenIndiana-discuss] lightdm greeter keyboard

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Sep 15 16:23:36 UTC 2022

Hi,

I wrote a while ago an OpenIndiana document on keyboard settings , see

http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/community/inputmethod/

in my case I installed OpenIndiana and selected from the "kbd -s" output option 15 for the French keyboard,
which I had to enter in QWERTY of course, but from then on, the installer switched to AZERTY (French),
using the 2020.04 ISO image for the text install of OpenIndiana.

So in my case the svccfg -s system/keymap:default  shows the property keymap/layout as "French".

When I run MATE the greeter (login panel ?) it has in the right hand corner an indication "fr" so it automatically uses the french keyboard for me.  It correctly uses AZERTY.

I can select different layouts in the lightdm greeter by clicking on "fr" and selecting a different layout.

I do not have any special setting in the /etc/lightdm configuration file

I have:

$ grep XkbLayout /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[    93.926] (**) Option "XkbLayout" "fr"

and

$ setxkbmap -query
rules:      base
model:      sun_type6_euro_usb
layout:     fr

I am using a /etc/X11/xorg.conf generated by the NVIDIA x setup utility.

What kind of graphics card or xorg.conf do you use ?

However as far as I know I don't set the french layout there ...

I am not sure whether this helps, probably not, but I can at least say that in my case lightdm works fine for the login panel in AZERTY mode.

Regards,
David Stes