[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mate clock applet gone

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Sat Dec 2 14:46:11 UTC 2023

Am 02.12.23 11:50 schrieb Stephan Althaus  <Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu>:

> Hello!
>
> First of all, thanks for all the recent wecome updates on the OpenIndiana distribution, it's really a great OS !!
>
> I was most impressed by the speedup of libreoffice while scrolling through calc tables.. was that a switch from GTK* to QT ?
>

> Now to the topic, nothing really severe..
>
> Since some time (few weeks), i had the mate clock applet seen crashing and could reload it by pressing a button on the appearing dialog box.
>
> Now it seems, the clock applet does not load anymore.. (and the mate panel takes a second more to load than previously, it appears after the background and desktop contents..
>
> Anyone else seeing this ?
>
> Where can i find the error messages regarding mate applets on OI ?
>
> Can an applet be load by command line to get the messages on the command line ?

Yes, and I guess you will get a message about mixed gtk2 and gtk3 symbols.

Which is wrong, the test for that in glib seems to be not reentrant and there is a similat test in libsoup about version 2 and 3. That leads to a false positve.

For publish the libsoup at 2.74.3-2023.0.0.1 or newer we need a rebuild of illumos-gate becasue this is used by rtld and this in turn needs an patched libxml2 at 2.12.1.
It is all in the queue but rebuild needs some time.

--
Carsten