[OpenIndiana-discuss] Login timeout on failed login

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 07:28:46 UTC 2023

Hi,

Previously when I made a mistake typing my login password you would get
an error and then you could re-enter your password.
Since updating to SunOS 5.11 illumos-f5a3d331e8 on the 29th Nov, when
entering an incorrect password no error is generated, the mouse still
moves, the cancel and login buttons are available but can not be
depressed. So after two minutes I rebooted my desktop and made sure I
entered my password correctly.
Has there been a change to the default behaviour or is this a bug?

TIA

Russell