[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI on HP Gen 10 Microserver

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:12:43 UTC 2023

Are there no M.2 Slots or PCI slots on the Gen10+?

If you want an SSD a PCIe M.2 SSD Card is your best and most performant
option. You can also use it as L2ARC for the spinning rust if you take
two Adapters and with 2 SSD's each for example. One thing of note
though. Be absolutely certain your RAID controller is in HBA mode and at
best buy a dedicated HBA instead to avoid drive weirdness and slowness.
ZFS does not like RAID controllers at all.

-Till