[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update removes installed services ?!?

maurilio.longo at libero.it maurilio.longo at libero.it
Wed Jun 7 06:26:19 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I've just tried  a pkg update on an OpenIndiana Hipster 2021.10 installation which has a postgres 10 instance installed and working.

To my disbelief, upon reboot, I realized that postgres 10 had been removed, and as such the system was unable to perform its intended role!

How am I supposed to proceed to update the OS to the latest available, while at the same time maintaining all the working services intact ?

Regards.

Maurilio Longo.