[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update removes installed services ?!?

maurilio.longo at libero.it maurilio.longo at libero.it
Wed Jun 7 07:35:55 UTC 2023

Hi Tim,

I always create a new BE while updating and I'm back to my previous working configuration; I was just baffled by the removal of an active and working service.

And I know that postgres 10 is EOL, this is why I was updating the OS in preparation to the migration of my data to postgres 14.

BTW, I cannot even install it right now on a old Openindiana installation because latest postgres-10 depends on newer incorporations.

That said, I'll look up the freezing of the postgres package and see what happens when I try an update.

Thanks for pointing me to the freeze feature of pkg.

Best regards.

Maurilio Longo.