[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP Proliant Microserver N54L Upgrade

david allan finch david.allan at finch.org
Wed Jun 7 09:52:19 UTC 2023

Hi All,

Might be interesting to someone out there ;)

I still have this little box, use it as a file server and still using
oi_151a9.

I have progressively been replacing the HDD with bigger and bigger
drives and all still works well. I keep think of replacing the hardware
but never yet really got around to it. I think since the original 2Tb
HHDs I have increase it to 6Tb, 10Tb, then 14Tb in stages.

I just replace my 3 disk raid5 pool, which used to have 3x14Tb with some
new 3x20Tb Tosh disks.

Last time it took 10hr each to re-silver the replaced disks from 10Tb to
14Tb, this time it took 33hr for each disk (ie 100hr to do all three
over 5 days).

I have tried to update the OS before and always it fails at some point,
so in the end just stayed with what worked.