[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg update removes installed services ?!?

Goetz T. Fischer g.fischer at r-a-c.de
Fri Jun 9 20:08:20 UTC 2023

not at all. if you want that you have 2 options:

either just don't upgrade or compile the stuff you wanna keep independently on your own and put it
somewhere where the regular pkgs don't interfere.
otherwise you can't avoid the situation you have now because programs, libs and so on depend on each
other. hence you can't rip one out and expect all others to work anyway. at some point of course you'll
run into that issue with self-compiled stuff, too. but it usually takes much longer and you're in full
control.