[OpenIndiana-discuss] communications error to <ip> : timeout

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 11:58:38 UTC 2023

Good Morning

I have a script which performs a dig -f <dns zones> to my dns servers
including my desktop which are configured with DNSSEC to populate the
dns cache.

I can ping the DNS servers and no error is reported during running the
script, when it runs against itself no communications error is reported.
When I run the script from a Linux PC there is no communication error
timeout.

What would be the best way to troubleshoot this, as it is only dig that
is reporting the communications issue.

TIA

Russell