[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can I downgrade?

Matthew Yapit irixuzer at gmx.com
Mon Mar 13 20:06:17 UTC 2023

As of recently, the following doesn't work as intended:
Trash doesn't show trashed items, one must delete files from
~/.local/share/Trash/files.
mate-system-monitor cores on startup.
VLC 3.0.18 doesn't playback some videos correctly, some have out of sync
sound, some have strangulated sound.

With VLC, these defects are also found in Android VLC 3.5.4,  I was able
to downgrade VLC in android and get a working video player.

I am aware of 'pkg update's ability to downgrade.  Does anyone have a
recipe for down grading these programs?  At least with VLC?

--Matthew