[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI hipster upgrade - Firefox broken unable to play some youtube videos

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sun Mar 26 18:18:49 UTC 2023

Hi

Performed an OI Hipster update this morning, so now running
illumos-b3385a702f and Firefox 111.0.1 but found that I started having
issues with Youtube and videos that played fine yesterday do not play today.

Instead of the video I get Firefox "Your browser can't play this video",
I am also getting a message "To play video, you may need to install the
required video codecs" at the top of the web page.

Is any one else experiencing this issue?

As I precaution will be reverting to my previous BE.

TIA

Russell