[OpenIndiana-discuss] Default SMB file permission

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Thu Mar 30 22:27:46 UTC 2023

I'm bashing my head a little.

I have a newly built OI server and I've got a share out through ZFS smb
share which is being accessed from a Linux client.

Every file written comes in with 700 and I need to change that default
to 740.

I believed that was a setting in smb.conf rather than umask but I think
I'm getting my linux and unix mixed up. But I can't find smb.conf
anyway.

Oddly the file does show -rwx------+ which potentially indicates an acl
applying

The guid bit for directory permission inheritance is working. It's just
newly created files.

I'm going to lie down because my head is hurting.