[OpenIndiana-discuss] Minimal processing of panic information

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 11 11:10:15 UTC 2023

When the kernel panics, it stores panic information somewhere
and on subsequent reboots a message is put into the syslog
mentioning a uuid for retrieving and saving the core dump.

I know I can get the call chain to the panic point by
"fmdump -V -u <UUID>", but is there a simple way to get
the register contents when the panic was triggered ?

Also is there a simple way to discard the panic data ?
(on a computer I still have a warning for a panic which
occurred four years ago, and which I feel not useful now).

Jean-Pierre