[OpenIndiana-discuss] Scrub on single ZFS volume

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Mon Oct 23 08:14:05 UTC 2023

I'm having problems getting this question answered via the usual google
search, so I thought I'd ask here.

Situation... Server has three drives in ZFS RAID... they're not the
problem. I have external USB drives that I hook up, in order to take a
backup of the data. It is also ZFS. (I actually have smaller drives
hooked together in RAID 0 to cope with the large amount of data.)

The question is... how do I check the integrity of the data on the
single backup volume? Does a scrub still make sense when there isn't
any parity?

Michelle.