[OpenIndiana-discuss] updates and reboots

Goetz T. Fischer g.fischer at r-a-c.de
Sun Feb 4 02:21:43 UTC 2024

well it might not be so good after all. for example just updating openssl:

root at openindiana:~# pkg list library/security/openssl-31
NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO
library/security/openssl-31                       3.1.4-2023.0.0.1           i--

root at openindiana:~# pkg update -nv library/security/openssl-31
No updates available for this image.

looks fine. however, if i just use "pkg update -nv" i see:
library/security/openssl-31
3.1.4-2023.0.0.1 -> 3.1.5-2024.0.0.0

so there is an update after all. apparently updating single packages doesn't work this way.