[OpenIndiana-discuss] Selecting wrong video driver

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue May 7 20:00:47 UTC 2024

Hi

On 07.05.2024 21:50, Rainer Heilke wrote:
> I've never used this, and only now installed the package (and its
> dependencies, etc.) Is this what you are wanting to see?
> (Controller)Intel Corporation HD Graphics
> 620:DEVID=0x5916:CLASS=00030000:[0,2,0]:vgatext:0:Attached:VENDOR=0x8086

Thanks for the output I can work with those.

This tells us also that the vgatext has attached to the card. Did you
install from the text ISO/USB? If so you will have to install the gui
first or install from the gui ISO/USB. To install the gui from the text
ISO installed system install the metapackage pkg:/mate_install

-Till