[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun Management Centre

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue May 14 19:56:19 UTC 2024

On 5/14/24 11:13, Rainer Heilke wrote:
> I think that before I start asking questions, I need to wrap my head around the
> general structure of RBAC. What comes first, that sort of thing. Then my
> questions will at least make sense, and I won't be wasting everyone's time.

I think the Solaris rbac(7) man page is a good start for that:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E88353_01/html/E37853/esc-rbac-7.html
though it does refer to some things that aren't in OI/illumos.

Unfortunately, the illumos one is still oriented more towards the application
developer.

> Till: funny how you mention just dealing with openindiana.org pages. Oracle's
> pages all still reference SMC as well. :b Not much help, are they? ;-)

Only the Solaris 10 docs should still reference SMC - the ones for Solaris 11
and later should have all that removed now.  For instance, I don't see any SMC
references in https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37838_01/html/E61023/index.html .

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris