[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun Management Centre

Rainer Heilke rheilke at dragonhearth.com
Tue May 21 07:28:12 UTC 2024

Just a quick update:
I'll still try to see if I can find any OpenIndiana.org references to
smc (not having found them yet, I suspect they were third party pages),
but I don't think I'll get to play with RBAC. It seems my test system
likes to lose any USB drives on reboot, and when/if I get them back, all
data is gone. zpool is even telling me that one zpool has a property
that has never existed on this box:
This pool uses the following feature(s) not supported by this system:
         com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2
cannot import 'Work': unsupported version or feature
It's even losing the internal SSD.
I'm loath to play around with RBAC, or anything else, on my OmniOS
backup server. And I doubt I can get any OpenSolaris flavour running on
a Raspberry Pi. :/   I even got a pair of 4TB drives for this (they were
surprisingly inexpensive).
To quote Gary Olman's character in 5th Element, "I'm getting very
disappointed!"
Rainer
I wonder if there's something in the BIOS...