[OpenIndiana-discuss] meld tool/utility is broken

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic.1961 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:20:45 UTC 2026


Hi all,

I saw recently that *meld* tool is not working at all. Attempt to use it 
shows:

:; meld  /tmp/file1.xml /tmp/file2.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/meld", line 498, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/bin/meld", line 494, in main
     return run_application()
   File "/usr/bin/meld", line 473, in run_application
     from meld.meldapp import MeldApp
   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/vendor-packages/meld/meldapp.py", line 28, 
in <module>
     from meld.meldwindow import MeldWindow
   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/vendor-packages/meld/meldwindow.py", line 
24, in <module>
     import meld.ui.gladesupport  # noqa: F401
   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/vendor-packages/meld/ui/gladesupport.py", 
line 1, in <module>
     import meld.actiongutter  # noqa: F401
   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/vendor-packages/meld/actiongutter.py", line 
51, in <module>
     class ActionGutter(Gtk.DrawingArea):
   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/vendor-packages/meld/actiongutter.py", line 
219, in ActionGutter
     x: float | None = None,
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |: 'type' and 'NoneType'


I guess since update to 3.24.0 
(https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/developer/meld)

May I kindly ask someone to take a look?

E.G. what would be a proper was to report such problems?

With the best regards

-- 
Predrag Zečević
predrag.zecevic.1961 at googlemail.com




More information about the openindiana-discuss mailing list