[OpenIndiana-discuss] customizing the tools in the installers boot environment

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Sep 25 18:41:04 UTC 2026


All-

If I wanted to create a custom USB text-install image with a few
additional tools in the installer's boot environment, is it as simple
as customizing <base_include> items in the <boot_archive_contents>
section of the install I wish to customize?

I realize that I may need to specify both binaries AND additional
shared libraries, and even directories if I specify something outside
of the directories that are already included.  Is there anything else
to consider or that I need to be aware of?

I've used distro_const a couple of times several years ago, but that
was to customize the packages that defaulted in the install image
for the installed system, when installed from the Live USB.  I've never
tried to customize what binaries are available in the install environment
itself.  Finding the "boot_archive_contents" section was easy enough, but
I'm wondering if that's all there is to it?

Thanks,

Tim
-- 
Tim Mooney                                             Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164



More information about the openindiana-discuss mailing list