[OpenIndiana-discuss] debugging failure in text installer

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Sep 25 20:32:13 UTC 2026


In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] debugging failure in text...:

>> tried the USB images, not an ISO burned to DVD, but I assume that since
>> it's booting and getting to this point, the problem isn't specific to
>> the USB subsystem.
>
> A fugly work-around is to boot the installer via a DVD drive.

At least on this hardware, I got the same result when booting off
2026.04 burned to a DVD.

It booted slower so I did see an earlier message, before the boot
config screen is displayed, that indicated two console options were
invalid and one was Ok, but the end result was unfortunately the same.

I'll probably try the 2026.09.09 test ISO this weekend, to see if the
results are the same.

Tim
-- 
Tim Mooney                                             Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164



More information about the openindiana-discuss mailing list