[oi-dev] Weekly Meeting on Tuesday Jan 3rd at 19:00 UTC

Igor Kozhukhov ikozhukhov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 21:00:40 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I have tested my new packages with illumian new ISO and update OI - works

I have configured IPS repo at: http://www.dilos.org:10000 , publisher:
You can try to add this publisher and install packages.

My repo: https://bitbucket.org/ikozhukhov/oi-build2 , branch: dilos
revision for packages:

It is repo - for testing.

I have used GCC44 and SunStudion 12.2.

Not all packages have been built by GCC44 - need time for updates.

What have been done:
1. added tool ips2deb and targets 'gmake deb', 'gmake deb-clean' for
illumian packages process.
2. updated some packages for building by GCC44
3. prepared full patch for GCC44 - for using Rich Lowe gcc44 patched version
4. tested packages with illumian ISO and updated some packages on

Bets regards,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Igor Kozhukhov <ikozhukhov at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think - the best idea - to have one commit for one component with bug in
> issue tracker.
> Large commit with multiply components will be hardly for review.
> -Igor
> On 12/21/11 10:20 PM, "Bayard G. Bell" <buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 20:09 +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> >> Additional comments:
> >> 1. We will integrate new changes only with GCC4 build.
> >> 2. For integration from oracle userland - we will open issue for it and
> >> set priority - for good understanding what we need integrate first.
> >> 3. For other integrations - open issue by integration person and commit
> >> changes with integration process.
> >
> >I think these are reasonable suggestions for us to settle at the next
> >two meetings, although we might need to improv on the second for the
> >work you're doing.
> >
> >I think the consensus from the last meeting is that we need to break
> >down large syncs into multiple changesets, which would (at least
> >loosely) imply multiple issues. Since you've put your hand up to do the
> >work, I suppose the question is whether you think you'll be submitting
> >changes before returning from the holidays around Jan. 10. If you think
> >you'll be done sooner rather than later, maybe the better way to keep
> >things moving is to do the sync, send out the preliminary changeset and
> >agree how to slice it up as a one-off once we know how it looks.
> >Otherwise we can try to settle on a rule of thumb while the work is
> >still pending. Does that make sense?
> >
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >oi-dev mailing list
> >oi-dev at openindiana.org
> >http://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/oi-dev
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/attachments/20111224/dde5a8a4/attachment-0005.html>

More information about the oi-dev mailing list