[oi-dev] Compiler migration #2

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 23:51:46 UTC 2013

HI Marcel,

Thanks for review. I updated the changeset.

> m4:
>
> - minor nit: why a change at line 41 in the Makefile?
>    1.26 -CONFIGURE_PREFIX =	/usr/gnu
>    1.27 +CONFIGURE_PREFIX  =	/usr/gnu
> - Some copyright related note removal in m4.license (see the MyGCN above)
> - Oracle copyright removed from m4.p5m (see the MyGCN above)
> - pkg.description removed from m4.p5m. why?
> - opensolaris.arc_url removed from m4.p5m. intentional? why?
> - otherwise: LGTM
https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/a62dd54980b1

opensolaris.arc_url was removed because sample-manifest does not generate one and from my understanding it is used for Oracle's internal use. If I am wrong, can somebody tell me what it is used for?

> automake:
>
> - shouldn't the automake-1.13/automake.p5m go to a separate directory?
>  something like automake/automake.p5m. With the current implementation
>  once we will integrate version 1.14 we will need to move this file
>  to a new location
> - otherwise LGTM

https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/c7c3eed4d97b

I will create meta-packages/automake in the near future alongside with other packages. For now, I am leaving it as is.

> autoconf:
>
> - Basically LGTM
> - Oracle copyright removed from autoconf.p5m (see the MyGCN above)
> - is opensolaris.arc_url removal from autoconf.p5m intentional?

https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/e8e84559f159

Nope, it wasn't removed intentionally. I regenerated p5m file with sample-manifest and it wasn't generated, so I didn't bother to add it there.

> help2man:
>
> - since there is no conflict with other Solaris/illumos/OI tools I'd
>  put this into /usr/bin/ (insteadd of /usr/gnu)
> - otherwise: LGTM

https://hg.openindiana.org/users/xenol/oi-build/rev/3e7752f531e1

I removed 'g' prefixed version of help2man. However, I left it in /usr/gnu as it is part of the gnu userland.

Once again, thank you for a review.

Cheers,

Adam