[OpenIndiana-discuss] The latest version of OpenSSL and gcc installation

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Aug 9 12:47:58 UTC 2016

On 08/ 9/16 03:33 PM, Sakuma, Koshiro wrote:
> Hi,

Hi. Where did you get
openindiana-discuss at w01.openindiana.everycity.co.uk  list address? This
should have been openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org .

> I've just finished installation of OpenIndiana.  The version is SunOS xxx
> 5.11 illumos-f83b46b i86pc i386 i86pc.
> After this, I checked with OpenSSL version, but it is 1.0.2g.  Now, we
> should upgrade to 1.0.2h which is the latest one.
> I can see the latest one when I typed the command like pkg info -r
> openssl.  How can I update this anyway?
> The command should be like pkg update openssl?  I tried to do this, but the
> message I got was like "there is no image" or something like this.

Often you have to update the whole system (just with pkg update). Later
OpenSSL version can't be installed, because it's likely to depend on
newer system/library, and you don't have it.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,