[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dovecot error on OpenIndiana

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Aug 14 00:14:24 UTC 2016

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016, Sakuma, Koshiro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished and done configuration of dovecot 2.2.18.
> However, I got error when I started it up as follows.
>
> anvil: Fatal: epoll_create(): No such file or directory
> master: Error: service(anvil): command startup failed, throttling for 2
> secs
>
> When I installed on Solaris 11, it worked without any issues.  But I am
> trying to move all systems to OpenIndiana now.
>
> Could you please let me know about some hints.

The key here is to add the --with-ioloop=poll configuration option.  I
used these options to configure (over and above whatever omnios-build
adds by default):

     --sysconfdir=/etc
     --localstatedir=/var
     --mandir=$PREFIX/man
     --enable-static=no
     --with-ioloop=poll
     --with-gssapi=plugin
     --without-ldap
     --with-sql=plugin
     --with-sqlite
     --with-zlib
     --with-bzlib
     --without-libwrap
     --with-ssl=openssl

The alternative to not using --with-ioloop=poll is to change the
dovecot configuation not to use chroot since it is chroot which is
breaking epoll_create().  I decided that chroot is good.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn