[OpenIndiana-discuss] Patience

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:18:56 UTC 2016

On 18.08.2016 11:22, the outsider wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are running a 24/7 business with several OI servers and zones.
>
> Today I am in our datacentre suite and I discovered that I forgot my laptop.
> Because I am waiting for replacement parts of one of our servers I thought I
> could play a game of patience on one of the servers.
>
> The server is a dual 8 core with 128GB RAM and 48 SSD drives, so that should
> do it.
>

> But I discovered now that it has an Intel graphics card..
 >
> Is there any chance that I could play patience on this machine?

That depends on how brave you are with that server.
We have experimental Intel KMS parts. That Martin Bochnig released a few
days ago. See the Thread "Stable Intel DRM/KMS Sol12 backport diffs and
test bins" in this mailing list.

If Patience is only a 2d Game and the Gnome Desktop Runs on the server
anyway you might be in luck and only need software renderer. So you
should just be able to launch it from Start Menu of Gnome.

If you have Patience installed on the server.

Greetings
Till