[OpenIndiana-discuss] Σχετ: FlashPlayer 23 NPAPI for Linux comeback

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Thu Sep 8 18:37:10 UTC 2016

Not everybody is in a position where he needs to watch such "sites".
News: And if you want to watch real news, covering real events rather than fairy tales, and even in not such a biased distorted manner as the BBC war propaganda machine you mentioned, you still need flash.

Flash is also still needed for learning wonderful languages, such as in my case Russian for commercial study software I bought and use.
The example you provided is describing a scenario where some high-security-area admin doesn't even know how to recompile Firefox with plugins disabled for the user dir ~/.mozilla/plugins folder.

To some it up: Much hot air with no substance.
Other than that you throw all who are speaking out for flash into some XXX corner.

And once again:

> A server OS is probably more likely to be a sensible place to have flash

Solaris is a *general* purpose OS.
While Illumos is not an OS but a kernel with system libs, as they define it themselves.
There is no mention of it being a "Server OS", neither on illumos.org nor on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumos

One of the most prominent places where I need flash is my.mail.ru, when uploading content to a social media platform when communicating with my friends
.
And those users that you described can still watch porn on their smartphone, even if working in your "secure environment" where the "lack of a feature" gets praised as "feature" (somehow this reminds me of July/August).

So - wtf?

best regards,
%martin bochnig