[OpenIndiana-discuss] About newly installed 3tb discs - should I be worried

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Apr 10 18:32:59 UTC 2017

Hardware: HP xw8600 2x Xeon 5470 - cpu 3.33 Ghz
2 750 Mirrored and 2 3tb mirrored

Following a fresh successful install of hipster on the hardware above,
I've pulled my old 1 tb discs for use elsewhere and installed 2 new
3tb discs.

On bootup I went to BIOS to see if things appeared ok... what I saw
showed the new discs at only 801gb.

I was affraid I may have hit a limit of somekind that might be
corrected by fiddling with the bios.

I tried a series of changes. 3 different options... but saw no
difference in the amount of disc space shown.

After resetting bios the way I found them, I went ahead with the
bootup and found that zpool/zfs sees the 3tb.  Well 2.65 to be more
accurate.

I've successfully done send/receive, with no problems.

Does it seem likely the blindness of the bios will present a problem?