[OpenIndiana-discuss] BTX halted

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 13:41:20 UTC 2017

A friend of mine has an Apple MacBook Pro Retina (4k) andhe would like to install OpenIndiana on it. For some reason,it is next to impossible to boot the system from a DVD. Sohe tried to boot OI from a USB flash disk. The system stopswith the message BTX halted and the screen looks like this
https://imgur.com/ZgFKWhs
I have checked on the Web this machine and it seems it hasUSB 3 ports. From my own experience the USB 3 support isbroken, so does it make sense to assume that the system cannot boot because of the broken USB 3 support? BTW, Ithink that hipster is quite experimental yet the new Xorgbits work just fine. I have tested on systems with NVIDIAcards, ATI RADEON, and Intel and all work just fine. however,why did you include the completely broken USB 3 support?
A.S.