[OpenIndiana-discuss] Annoying mouse twitchyness [Mate]

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon May 8 00:11:43 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 06:32:36PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:
> > You should find an empty directory /etc/hal/fdi/policy/30user .
> > Create a file 10-x11-input.fdi in that directory to reduce the mouse
> > sensitivity.  You have to restart HAL or log out and log in again to
> > activate the change.  I'll attach the file I used.  I don't know if it
> > will work on other desktops.
>
> The mouse seems pretty sluggish now and still pretty jumpy too but it
> is somewhat better... probably about half as difficult to select the
> corner of an application window as it was before inserting your
> file... so thanks very much.

I found a document on the web that actually explains what
ConstantDeceleration does.  It's this one:

    https://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/PointerAcceleration/

It also describes the possible values of that option, as well as other
options that you can use similarly.  Some of these options may be
controlled by the mouse settings GUI, but some are likely not.

You will likely have to experiment with options and their values to
find settings that do what you want.